Wednesday, November 2

The Doctor is In!

Joined the fine folks from SEASO (SouthEast Asian Student Organization) for their Halloween costume party last Sat nite! It's my first costume party (finally pulled myself out of that hole at the bottom of Mt. Ulu) and mannnn it was crazy... hoooo... my friend (who gave the invite) was dressing up as a nurse (a really HOT nurse ;), so I decided to go along with the Doctor look. Of course, being Halloween, a straight-laced doctor simply won't do, so I hopped into a Halloween USA store + K-Mart, and got meself some accessories! $16 later, I got a stethoscope, floating eyeball, honkin' huge cleaver, a bottle of SFX blood and "here's my little friend" - a severed hand! w00t! :D

Borrowed a lab coat from a fellow Singaporean (Thanks Kumar!) and with the help of my sis-in-law (Kudos to Karen!), I did a little artwork on the plain-jane plastic butcher knife. Mix some reds and browns... mmmm... we've got ourselves a bloody mary! Splash a bit here and a bit there... hee... then next, it's off to the coat! I put it on (over my tee and shorts of cos)... stood in my bath tub and poured some of that SFX blood on my palms... mmmm... gooey. Quickly mushing the goop together in my palms I start patting and rubbing it all over the lab coat... heeeeyyyy... looking gooood! :)

And my palms... wow! After the goop dries off, it looks like real blood! Smells weird tho. *shrug* But it was great... and washes off easily too! Well... it actually needed some bleach to wash it off entirely later (the coat was a mild pink after washing off the initial blood splotches with soap)... but then again that's why I wanted a white outfit! ;)

Now that my main instruments of scaredom are set, time to dress up. Shirt, pants, a big blob of silver-colored hair gel (not exactly very effective... oh well), and I'm all set - the doctor with devilish intent!!! Mwahahahahah!

The Doctor is in! NEXT!!!

No comments: