Thursday, December 8

Ohio's 1st snowstorm of 2005

Ze winter storm eez upon uz! Heaps of dense snow! Perfect for a snowball fight... Mmmmwwahahahah!!! *rubs paws in gleeful anticipation*

Of course, it's not all fun and games... I was lucky when I decided to leave earlier from office today. Snow was just starting to sprinkle... I dived (not literally of course) into my car, which thankfully is still clear of any heavy accumulation. By the time I reach the freeway on-ramp, snow was pouring and coating the roads... even with my snow tires, I was scrubbing and hopping a bit when I got a bit heavy on the throttle! Eeks... Ok, so while merging into the freeway I was sliding laterally a little, and I quickly did a bit of nudging to correct my heading and stuck to my lane until I reached my exit... Traffic was pretty much topping out at 55mph.

Of course, Everyone was naturally cautious, safety first! I saw a few folks scrub for traction moving off at junctions or crossing junctions (where they had to hop across some mounds of snow)...

I was close to home when I heard a blast of sirens and a bright flashing object in my rear-view. Instinctively I tapped the hazard lights and slowly brought my vehicle to a stop at the side of the road, which fortunately, I could still make out the kerb from the layer of snow on top of it. Some of the drivers in front of me and one behind me (I guess) didn't expect the ambulance's sudden appearance and slid around a bit before they managed to tame their machines and made room for the emergency vehicle. After the big van/truck cleared the junction ahead, order was resumed and I slowly drove the last bit of my journey to my mailbox to check to see what goodies the mailman has for me...

Ah! My LEGO catalog! Wooohooo!

No comments: