Friday, May 20

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head...

Wet day today... rain came pouring down around 2pm or so, in the middle of my Geological Sciences midterm... yeesh. Thankfully i wrapped my bicycle seat with a plastic bag, so I didn't have to sit on a wet sponge. Yup, nothing worse than sitting on a water-logged foam-based bicycle seat. SPLUT.

Also, I've learned today the true inspirations for the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes. Apparently there are two famous religious/philosophical speakers during the 16th and 17th centuries going by the names John Calvin and Thomas Hobbes, and it does seem like they contributed to C & H's often cynical (and sometimes thoughtful) expressions in the strips.

I was speaking to one of my team-mates (for a mini-presentation of John Calvin's writings and "Calvinism" in general), and I realized that she is a business major, and is already a licensed real estate agent. Cool. I think it's time for me to seriously consider alternative branches of office, aside from IT, that is...

Hmmm... perhaps I could consider teaching something.

No comments: