Thursday, May 3

Numbers game

A recent post of a Singaporean private tutor (that I came across from Tomorrow.SG) wrote about how the difficulty of Math syllabus can differ as you move across the continents... comparing how a University's test question varies in the Queen's Land against Asia's Big Red Powerhouse.

Now of course, I would dispute the fairness between the quality of each University's syllabus that they picked the papers from... but being married to a very intelligent and competitive Chinese wife, I can attest to the tenacity and drive that top Chinese students have to attain the best scores in their academics (and a lot of other things, like sports - my lady love used to be a fan of Yao Ming ;) .

On the same note, Singapore students don't get it easy either... especially more so these days compared to back when I was in high school! :)

Phew! ^o^

Update: Little mistake corrected, pointed out by Miss Loi! Thank you!
Update 2: The Wife also updated me on her current interests :p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Loi is a private tutor not a high school teacher :)

Anonymous said...

Not a YM fan anymore!