Sunday, August 27

Shooting Star... strike me

Love does work in mysterious ways.

Searching and searching...
Hoping and praying...
Or perhaps, like me, you simply cling on to the belief that Fate would come around,
and beat you on the head with a stick.

"When the One appears, i will know... Somehow, I will know."
Toiling along Life's busy journey, not much thought is given to people who pass you by.

"Hmmm, she's a nice gal, perhaps I'll ask her out for a movie.. see how it goes."
What started out as e-mail conversations, a night out for dinner and a movie...
...evolved into a spiritual connection, a level of concern that goes into the heart and soul.

Then one day,
An awakening.. an epiphany.. or as Archimedes would say, "Eureka!"

A gentle kiss underneath the shade of a garden gazebo,
unleashes a powerful torrent of emotions and passion,
sealed away by life's responsibilities for far too long.

A spiritual and mental link forms,
allowing one to sense the other party's distress and battered resolve,
hammered by the pressures of perfection and Father time, ticking down.

You rush forward
to pick her up from the crumbling platform around her,
to console her,
tell her silly stories...
provide her a sip of water...
give her arm a gentle squeeze,
reassuring her that for every step back,
she is taking two steps forward...
offer a shoulder to rest her head,
and hopefully, ease away some of the weariness that clouds her mind...

For each kiss since then..
For each hug since then..
For each wink since then..
For every hour, every minute, of every day since then..

I feel blessed.
I feel ready to conquer the world,
with You by my side.

My shooting star,
My flowing comet,
My guiding light.

I am finally able to say out loud,
"The darkness of my future is now banished!"
"My path is now lit!"
"I am ready to take leaps of faith with confidence!"


I am thankful to Fate,
thankful for the chance,
to have You by my side.

The cream of my coffee.
The apple of my eye.
The bubble of my tea.

I shall look forward to crossing oceans
and traversing mountains
only if You would join me
by my side.

3 comments:

ahBao said...

You've found The One!! (^-^)(^0^)/ Omedetou!!

Anonymous said...

hey !!! i'm happy for you !!!


ps: sorry i missed baby ellie's birthday. how was it? post pics pweese....


Kat

Unknown said...

Thanks for yer well-wishes folks! :))

I will post the pics of Ellie's birthday party shortly, most likely I will link it from the OSU-SSA web site! :D